Thursday, 3 September 2009

Y9 Gothic Settings

Click on "Comment" and paste in your work... easy peasy!

21 comments:

  1. Gothic Setting
    After he walked through the mist of the woods, he at last saw the magnificent mansion. The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas of the dark grey sky. When he turned his head back, the path he had just walked through disappeared in the mist in the flash of a blink. Sounds of eerie noises were carried through the air from all directions. The leaves moved freely as if they were alive while the shadows of trees loomed over him in double their sizes. When he passed the village nearby earlier before, the people said the mansion was haunted with ghosts and the woods behind was known for all types of beasts.
    When he pushed through the icy cold, tall gates of the mansion, a screeching sound echoed through the darkness. While he tramped through the overgrown bushes he saw two gargoyles which looked so weird, creepy and alive that they looked like they were monsters guarding the house, emerged outside the door. The blocks of stones around the mansion were cracked and covered in wild vines and thorns. He wondered if darkness or his eyes and ears were tricking with him. Ravens roamed the area, while the once healthy plants of the mansion decayed gave a rotten smell. When he opened the great oak door he saw a long grayish carpet leading down the corridor. The mansion was deserted for many years and was covered in an inch thick of dust. It was supposed that the last person who lived here was a mad scientist who had suddenly disappeared. He felt scared yet curiosity urged him to search about the mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hospital

    The eerie moon drifted across the night sky, bringing along winds that whistled through the hallways of the disused hospital. The floorboards creaked as I slowly struggled through the darkness, reaching out my hands to feel my way around. Unidentified shadows crept along the dirty walls, following my every step. The curtains billowed in the breeze, forming ghost-like figures that taunted at my imagination. Empty beds and echoey halls reminded me of the times when the hospital was still in use. I could almost see the frantic doctors and nurses running around, the ill patients in their uncomfortable iron beds.. The sound of squeaking hinges brought me back to reality, and made my muscles tense up. I swiveled around, frightened. Yet, all I could see were abandoned medical tools - or were they instruments of torture? The peeling walls around me seemed to cave in, their faded red colour gave a sense of madness. There were doors which lead to places that were filled with secrecy and evil, and not even the bravest all of men would dare venture inside. Perhaps these rooms were locked up with secrets from the past, the memories of the dead that still haunted this hospital, the things that were better left undisturbed. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps sent a shiver down my spine. Someone else was here besides me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gothic Setting

    As the station clock rang out 11:30 PM, the platforms were dead silent. Huge sharp gates prevented people from entering or leaving this ancient train station. Ruby coloured trains slumbered underneath the flickering luminous lamp posts. The wind was growling at the gloomy olive green trees. Large mighty branches were lingering over the station. Jet-black shadows were creeping up attempting too grasp my ankles. Every second the dark gloom got bigger. On the floor where grotty, torn up posters, which have lost there colour.

    Suddenly an ebony coloured crow flew down faster than a bullet, and flew right around the stations grand clock and landed on the top, looking like an aggressive gargoyle. Along the train station there were old filthy benches. All the benches were half broken. Telegraph poles lay on the floor lifelessly, letting wires be an easy trap to capture you.

    A dusty crimson phone box was located on the left hand side, the old shimmering glass that use too be there was missing. Instead there was shattered glass on the floor. The door had a old fashioned murky brass door handle. However you didn’t need too use it, since the door was wide open. The door hung loose on a squeaky hinge. Inside this unique box, was the telephone. However, every thing seemed out of place. The numbers didn’t seem too be in order. The phone wasn’t on the hook, it was hanging on the reflective silver line. The phone book had missing pages, and half of the pages were on the sticky grubby floor. The phone wasn’t on the hook, it was hanging on the reflective silver line, and a endless screech came from the phone

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a blood- curdling night of November.I was on the path going towards the graveyard the moonlight glistened on the pavement.which give me a rough image of where I was going, It was a small road covered with the dead leaf of the trees which were lined up one after the other giving the evil supernatural felling. As I walked, the death leaf's on the ground give loud noise's. has if they were telling someone that I was there. The shadows of the trees followed me as I walked on slowly, waiting for something to strike and eat my brains. As I took one last step forward. Something knocked me in my face. I collapsed onto the leaf's, my face upwards the dead trees looked at me. It looked like the trees were trying to catch me.I stood up and there it was shining in the moonlight the thing. I was waiting for. The graveyard gate it was enormous rusted, 100 year old gate which shattered when the wind blowed. This gate always give me the hair- rising look.I though of what my mom would have said if she was here but that vanished away the only thought which it had was about the shadows lurking in the blackness. I opened the gate slowly being aware about the sound. I give the gate a little push and it swayed open like if it had a mind of his own I walked in and.There it was. The death street. Where on each side laid buried in the ground bodies of the soldiers who dead in the World War 1. I looked back at the gate but all I could see was the grey colored gray gargoyles looking at me as they sank into the mist. I looked into the graveyard and took my first step. I could see shadows in the trees. I could sense them. As I walked the winter breeze blowed into my ears giving a ear-piercing sound. There was a slaughtered raven on the tree and little savagers were eating it. I closed my eyes and walked on. I stop for a while I opened my eyes and in a tree making a thunderous sounds were innumerable crows(birds of black magic). I closed my ears and ran away from the tree. There it was. Under the tree there was a hole were I could put this horrid thing in. Hide it away form the real world. It laid there as I took my last look at the bag as it vanished into the mist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gothic Setting
    On a December night, I woke up not knowing where I was. When I saw the watch on my trembling hands, it was already three o’clock midnight. I searched around and saw Luke still flaked out beside me. I gave him a nudge or two, and he woke up with an abashed look on his pale white face. We walked around wondering where we were and stopped when we saw an old aged school that stood upon us.
    This school looked familiar. It seemed like a place I’ve been before. I wiped the dust of the wall, and underneath the thick layer of dust, I found the logo of my kindergarten school. We pushed open the rusty gate which made a loud creek. It seemed like nobody had been here for centuries. When we entered the old abandoned school, I felt something behind me. This place was once so familiar to me. But now, it’s just a strange place which was covered with cob webs, and filthy rats scurrying past my feet ever so often, making the hair stand on the back of my neck.
    Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of a mysterious shadow in the corner. It squatted there and stared at me with its bright red eyes with eager as if it was prepared to prance at me any moment to rip the flesh off my bones. Suddenly, I felt a pat on my back. I screamed. But as I turned around, I found Luke hiding behind me covering his eyes with both his hands. His whole body was trembling. We entered a room. The tables and chairs were scattered around, the chalkboard was covered with a thick layer of dust and it was out of place. We tried turning on the lights, but there was no hope. We stayed in the dark frightened. Not knowing where to go next.
    We looked out the window, and we saw the park where we used to play in during recess. The lonely swings swaying as the wind pass by. The monkey bars had all fallen apart. The slide was in two parts. The place where seemed to give all children joy, became a place which had given people sadness. We walked out of the room and tried open the front gate. But it wouldn’t open. We pushed harder, but it seemed to never move. We were trapped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun had set and I was left with the still and solemn streets of Ursula. The sky slowly unveiled the breeze which lay upon me like a thin blanket. Sweat trickled down my face. Every breath was enduring. Each heart beat mattered now. Something was following me. Sprinting up and down cramped streets, passing the same street lights continuously. Fear took over my body. I was now in pitch black darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That night it seemed that on that very road there was a presence. It wasn’t just any presence, but one full of malice and hatred waiting to smite you down as you stood. The road ran along the cliff edge which stuck up like jagged teeth from the jaws of some forgotten beast. That particular road had a sharp corner that always gave you the feeling that something was lurking around it. Waiting... Waiting for something or someone to come. On the sides on the road were old rusty lamppost. There was something about the lamp post as if no one dared to go near it. Old and decaying trees lined the gaps where green bushes and colourful flowers had once grew. The trees towered above you like giants in the dark, smothering you into the darkness. Through patches in the sides of the road where even the trees dared not grow, the faint outline of the moon could be seen through the clouds. A harsh but slow breeze whistled through the trees making the road dance with darting shadows like demons from hell. The trees gathered together whispering in the wind. The wind made eerie noises as it swept through every crevice and gap. They were beckoning as if trying to tell you something. As they did you could see a pair of red eyes glinting...and then they were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mid Autumn

    It was the night of The Mid Autumn Festival on the 14th October. I remember that date exactly. My family and I were in the Park, playing with our lanterns and eating moon cake. It was a late Saturday night and we were just getting ready to walk back home. As we reached the stairs to our house, I realized that I had left my jacket in the park. My mother told me to go back myself and that they would wait for me at home. And that, was where everything went wrong...

    **********

    As I walked back to the Park, I felt the temperature dropping. Every step I took seemed to be slower, colder and the footsteps would get louder and louder. The street lights were beginning to dim. I looked at my watch, it read 2:37 am. Retracing the path, I had reached the park entrance. There was no one in sight. Scattered on the floor were old and used lanterns, in different shapes, sizes and colour. Even though they had only been used several hours ago, they already seemed to be aging. The colours looked faded and the paper was torn, like they had been in heavy rain. By now, I had followed the race track and was entering the field. The track’s 100 metre lane stretched on forever. Dark oak trees curved above it, creating a long and narrow tunnel. There were only lights in the football pitch, so as I walked farther and farther away, the scene began to get darker and darker. By now, I was almost at the pavilion. The ebony constructed shelter was old and creaked when anyone stepped on it. Many children won’t go into it, because they believe it is haunted. Finally, I was at the pavilion. It was close to the back entrance, but was a great distance away from my home. As I approached, it became more and more misty. On the bench in the pavilion was my jacket. It looked crumpled, like an old rag. I didn’t remember putting it like that, but there it was. There wasn’t anyone in the park so no one could have moved it. As I sat down for a while, I saw the black gate of the back entrance, it was tall and lean, with many arrows at the top, pointing towards the eerie sky. On both sides were stone statues. They were statues of gargoyles sitting on top of the towering columns. There was a chill in the air, that even my cotton jacket could not protect me from. There was no wind, but I shivered violently. The fallen leaves were spinning, as if they were dancing from the ground, like someone had magically strung them together and was dragging them. The pavilion was creaking, even though I sat still. But it was that silence after that that frightened me the most. There were no crickets crackling, no bushes rustling, no cats meowing, no nothing. There was a quiet screeching coming from a short distance. Suddenly, I realized that the gates had closed. Park gates were never closed; and that was when I felt I was in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gothic Story Introduction
    It was a dark stormy night. The trees were blowing from side to side and the entire forest was covered with mist and fog. It was a horrifying sight. There was a gate the size of a house guarding the entrance to the forest. A legend told that there was a castle in the middle of the forest and in that castle, there would be caskets of rubies the size of your hands, diamonds that shone brightly would be everywhere and gold would be covering the entire castle. However, there would be monsters guarding the castle, and the forest was filled with horrifying creatures such as werewolves and vampires. The swamps would give you diseases such as malaria and stenches would contain contaminated air. Stories also told that once you go in, you couldn’t go out! But I was desperate for money and so I ignored these legends and took a deep breath and opened the gate. It opened with a loud creak and I took a step. As soon as I went in the gates behind me closed! I was now beginning to regret because now a disgusting stench was filling my nostrils and I started to gag. I remembered the warning about the stench and so I ran with renewed energy. God this was like committing suicide! I shouldn’t have gone here! Eerie sounds bounced off the trees and worst of all, it seemed that creatures were staring at me. Finally I couldn’t stand it anymore. I stopped running and panted. I looked around. But it was nearly impossible to. Mist and fog covered every inch of the forest. However, I could see a shape that seemed like a castle starting to take place. I felt a sense of Euphoria, I did it! I found the castle! I ran to it and stopped startled. Gargoyles were suddenly everywhere surrounding the entire castle. I shuddered and automatically took a step back and felt something brush aside me. I turned and saw a grotesque creature staring at me. Then it growled and lunged at me….

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a cold winter night. The moon was shining bright, which had shown the shadows of the lifeless trees. At the end of the long and narrow road, stood an old tall castle. There was a lake around the castle. The water was dark and black. There was a brick bridge that connected to the castle. It started to rain so I ran into the castle. I knock on the big wooden door. It had a face of a eagle on the door handle. Black cats came out from behind a stone, and look straight into my eyes. I stumble towards the stone. There was a crumbled coat lying on the dirt floor. I look up. I stopped. I stared at the stone. It was a gravestone. It wasn’t any ordinary gravestone. This one was special. It was my father’s gravestone. I don’t understand. My father is still alive. He lives in Ireland. I ran for the gate. I trip. Then blackout. I wake up the next morning and find myself lying in the middle of my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Gothic Setting 24th August 2009


    Gothar was just a small town on the island of Lodop, in which just houses and shops lay. And the haunted castle of Drome. There would be ravens circling the misty place. It would always be stormy around it, even the other birds don’t tweet around there. All you hear is creaking noises, and the sound of cannons being fired. And the ravens. It’s defended by gargoyles, dead trees and a huge gate, three metres high.

    One night, one dark night, the shortest night of the year, he decided to go into Drome. As he went through the tall gates and frozen gargoyles, he was in the moonlight. It was winter and he was casting a long shadow. With him he was holding an ancient map of the castle, like a labyrinth, like a maze, like just something to get lost forever in. He passed a graveyard, heard a mad scientist, saw a bright light coming from the dungeon and then the ghosts came out of their crooked grave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a dark and stormy night at Darkwood Manor one of my favorite gothic destinations, It had gargoyles and lots of them, it was always misty because of the it was placed on a cliff next to the pacific ocean, Inside it was just as creepy, the corridors where long and dark you couldn’t see from one end to another.
    There was a small graveyard outside of all the previous owners you could see it from every room with a window it was a grim sight to see, some say the previous owners were the ones haunting but no one knows

    ReplyDelete
  14. The peeling door stood ajar, supported by a single copper hinge. There was just the lone door, tucked into the crook of the eerily shadowed building. Posters of bygone movie icons peppered its cracked windows, their faded smirks shriveled. Abandoned stubs of unfinished cigarettes lay in pools of burnt marks. It was near midnight. Darkness was bleeding in on all sides.

    A single street lamp dwindled in its corner, its unlit beam casting a pinpoint of a silvery shadow in the closing blackness. A blood-red chair balanced precariously on the lumpy ground three feet away, its plastic shield cracked and worn. Rungless ladders stood upright against the ghostly wall. A range of smeared clown masks hung from the lifeless arm of a towering oak tree, their hideous blank veiled facades sneering. It all left me a disturbingly sinister sensation churning in the pit of my stomach.

    Why should it, though? It was just the empty theatre sidewalk, after all. Or was it...?

    I had a feeling...that somehow...someone was watching me. I whirled. A stabbing stare was thrown back at me through the dark. I broke out in cold sweat. Then...

    A rustle. Footsteps, clicketyclickety clack...coming...nearer...NEARER....LOUDER...
    My eyes darted. Left. Right. Left. Right. Left again.
    LOUDER STILL.....

    SIlence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ran through the dark alley way as fast as I could. The wind was wrestling against me and pushing me the way I didn’t want to go. The sun had just set. My heart was screaming. Someone was still behind me. Why wouldn’t he just leave me alone and go? I didn’t want to turn around. I couldn’t slow down. I had to keep going. Suddenly my knees were stinging as well as my hands and elbows. I had fallen over. I was in agony. I scrambled up and tried to keep going, but the pain was unbearable. I had to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. FEAR ( Its actually a story i made up)

    It was a cold, desolate night. The storm was brewing, the wind hissed and Sam Miller was all alone at home. He would tell himself “It’s Ok, Sam, It’s just the water pipes” But it was useless. The shadows were on to him now, reaching out to engulf him in darkness. The air smelled like blood. Sam screamed and ran for the lights. He tried to switch them on, but it didn’t work, the electricity was dead, and the house was dark. His heart pounded, as if it was trying to break free from his chest, fear was embracing him.
    He couldn’t think straight,∂ he grabbed a matchbox, desperately trying to illuminate the house. His first match wouldn’t strike, but his second one succeeded. Feeling relieved, he finally decided to sit down and relax. But the shadows would never let him go that easily. Almost immediately, the wind blew, and the candle died. The shadows leapt at Sam. An invisible arm shot out and grabbed Sam on the throat, gripping tighter and tighter. He was suffocating. Sam was consumed by fear, his muscles were jelly, disobeying every order to move. Sam was paralyzed, he couldn’t move. He let out a horrible cry and blacked out.

    The next day, A mother was mourning for the lost of her son: Samuel James Miller has mysteriously died of an unknown cause in the middle of the night. There was no sign of violence or force, His death is still a mystery and many authorities are still working on this case.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Dr. Who" Gothic setting

    It was a dark and stormy night. My shoes pattered against the wet pavement as thunderclouds swirled around me, taunting and dancing like tribal men. All the lights were off in the buildings surrounding me, their blank faces showing no emotion. The only source of light came from the occasional lightning, which came flying out the sky like the godsends you see in cartoons. The road stretched on endlessly, fog clinging onto the lampposts, threatening to reach out and grab you. The lamppost itself glared at me, its dim light barely showing in the thick mist.

    There was a small telephone box, with rusted roofs and the blue paint peeling off from the sides. The top of the box had a large plastic sign, which was labelled “Police”. The telephone box had no windows, so all that happened inside was not seen and not felt. Gathering up what remained of my curiosity, I turned around and stared at the door. There was an eerie feel as I looked up and down, scanning the queer box as I went. Without further ado, I proceeded to reach out, grasp the doorknob and open the door. But before I even had a bare chance to do that, something creaked. I spun around, thinking there was someone next to me. But there was no-one, and as I backed away, my spine hit the door, and I felt the doorknob turn…

    ReplyDelete
  18. THE DESCRIPTION OF MY GOTHIC SETTING

    It was dark and stormy night.The pouring rain covered the whole area of this graveyard, if each and every single needle like raindrops hits you, you will experience the never before pain and that pain feels like the burning flames beneath hell. The angry roaring thunder will strike upon anything in sight. You can feel the strength of the blowing wind, it’s power can knock down a thousand elephants as if they were like bowling pins. In each sides of the gate, you will see the statues of gargoyles and those gargoyle statues are so life-like that you wouldn’t even want to look at it for another second because it would feel like if they were dashing for your soul. For no living mortal can resist the evil of, the graveyard.

    ReplyDelete
  19. At the front entrance of this exotic hotel, jason knew he wasn’t going to be allowed in any room on the six floor. He recently found out that on the 31 of october there had been 666 death’s in room six six six. He knew that on this very evening there was going to be some paranormal activity. No one has ever been aloud to stay in room six six six after this frightening event. Jason kindly asked the hotel manager to allow him to stay in this room, however straight away he denied his answer. Jason simply knew that if some one wasn’t occupying the room at that time he was aloud to stay in it. After his five minute of arguing and negotiation with the manager he kindly regarded the key for room six six six. The hotel manager was willing to do anything to make Jason change his decision, he offered him a glass of his finest Champaign as
    Ghost room

    well as a free of charge hotel suit for him to stay in. And a box of chocolates which contained over 200 pieces of chocolate’s averaging 1000 us dollars. Jason took the glass of champaign as well as the box of chocolates making the manager extremely happy, however Jason still asked for the key to room six six six. The manager took him up the elevator to the six floor but would not even look at anything. He said (this is as far as i can go) jason was slightly scared but knew this was al just a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gothic Setting –
    I was in the island of darkness, it was said that if you ever have the chance to go in, you would never have the chance to go out again. Just thinking about that gave me a little shiver. I walked in, and the dark shadows of the trees lurked everywhere in the dark cold night. I continued walking north, as the moonlight was shining that way. As I was walking my way through the woods it started to get colder and the mist surrounded me. It was so misty that I couldn’t see the way I was going. I walked slowly and I could hear anything apart from myself breathing, I was really scared. Suddenly in the bushes near by, there was a cry of a bird and all the ravens flew out coming in my direction. I was too scared to do anything but run. I ran as fast as I can, trying to get away from them. I did my best to run as fast as I could. I didn’t even realize that there was a big tree right in front of me and BAM! I fainted. After some time, I don’t know how long but it should be a long time, I woke up. I woke up to see something, something that covered my own shadow something looking right into my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was raining heavily. Clouds were scattered around the sky, animals were lurking in the blackness and the moon was drifting slowly into the stormy night. Thunder and lightning were chatting to each other and you could hear the conversation far away from this deserted town.

    He found himself lying flat on the ground. Sweat was traveling down his forehead and ending up in the hard surface below him. He managed to lift himself up, but the sudden moment of pleasure was gone when he soon realized that he could barely move his legs. He knew that he had to get out of this mess so he pressed his body against the wood and began crawling towards the door. He kept moving until he arrived at the front door. As he stretched out his hands, something grabbed his leg from behind. He tried his best to flee but he knew that he was doomed when he was dragged along the floor.

    ReplyDelete